Friday, September 4, 2009

You've decided to write an awful, awful screenplay!

(wryly)

(sesgadamente)


Everyone loves a movie that starts with half an hour of backstory.

Cada uno ama una película que comience con la media hora de contexto.


EXT. PATIO -- EARLY MORNING, BUT NOT TOO EARLY, BUT THERE SHOULD STILL BE SOME STARS OUT

EXT. PATIO -- MADRUGADA, PERO NO DEMASIADO TEMPRANO, SINO ALLÍ DEBE TODAVÍA SER ALGUNAS ESTRELLAS HACIA FUERA


Conflict makes me feel icky.  I'll just show people getting along.

El conflicto hace me la sensación incómodo.  Demostraré a la gente que los llevan bien.


'Characters' with 'objectives' is so passé.

Los 'caracteres' con 'objetivos' son tan passé.


I think the best way to explain what happens is with a montage -- or better yet, with three consecutive montages!

Pienso que la mejor manera de explicar qué sucede está con un montaje -- ¡aún mejore, con tres montajes consecutivos!


Fortunately, I've included helpful diagrams to illustrate how all the shots should look.

Afortunadamente, he incluido diagramas provechosos para ilustrar cómo todos los tomas deben aparecer.


After the twist ending, I'll include *two more* twist endings!

¡Después de que el final sopreso, yo incluya *dos más* finales sopresos!


Making it a hundred and thirty pages long will make the producers feel like they're getting their money's worth.

La escritura de cientos y treinta páginas hará que los productores sienten como valía la pena pagar ese dinero.


My life will be *so easy* once people recognize my awesome talent and pay me a million dollars for this!

¡Mi vida será *tan fácil* una vez que la gente reconoce mi talento impresionante y me paga millón de dólares esto!

____________
Note:  As always, the 'translations' are pretty much just babelfish output; corrections are, of course, welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment