Friday, September 30, 2011

You are pretending to be a nerd.

Picard was better than Kirk, but I refuse to discuss my reasons.

Picard fue mejor que Kirk, pero me niego a hablar de mis razones.


These glasses are totally real!  I just have a very light prescription!

¡Estas gafas son totalmente real!  ¡Sólo tengo una receta muy ligera!


Oh, I don't play WoW -- I got too addicted to it in the Burning Crusade days.

Oh, yo no juego WoW -- llegó a ser demasiado adicto a ella en los días de la Cruzada Ardienda.


I own a pretty obscure gaming console; you probably haven't heard of it.

Tengo una consola de juegos muy oscura, probablemente no ha oído hablar de él.


I never go to bars.  That bartender must be mistaking me for somebody else.  Somebody else with the same name as me.

Nunca voy a bares.  Eso camarero debe ser me confundiendo con otra persona.  Alguien más con el mismo nombre que yo.


I don't think of it as 'football'.  I think of it as 'an exercise in applied game theory'.

No pienso en ello como «fútbol».  Pienso en ello como «un ejercicio de aplicar la teoría de juegos».


I know *everything* about network security!  I just can't be bothered to discuss it with peons and amateurs!

¡Sé *todo* sobre seguridad de la red!  ¡Simplemente no puede ser molestado en hablarlo con los peones y los aficionados!


My girlfriend?  I, uh... we met at a gaming conference.

¿Mi novia?  Yo, eh... nos encontramos en una conferencia de juegos.

__________
Note:  As always, these 'translations' are basically just Google Translate output, so corrections are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment