Friday, August 5, 2011

You are fielding questions about being an atheist!

No, I'm not a Satanist.  If I were, I'd spend a lot more time playing bitchin' guitar solos.

No, yo no soy un satanista.  Si yo fuera, me gustaría pasar mucho más tiempo jugando solos sobrecogedores de guitarra.


You're absolutely right:  I have no moral compass to stop me from going on a murder/rape/debauchery rampage.  FEAR ME!

Tienes toda la razón:  no tengo brújula moral que me impide ir en un alboroto de asesinato/violación/libertinaje.  ¡TEMEME!


Yes, of course I'll grant you that, if there is a God, Lotus Notes is a scathing affront to it.

Sí, por supuesto que voy a conceder que, si hay un Dios, Lotus Notes es una afrenta mordaz a lo mismo.


My mother was an atheist, and it's inherited matrilineally.

Mi madre era un ateo, y es heredado por línea materna.


If I bring up abortion, will you stop arguing with me about evolution?

Si traigo a colación el aborto, va a dejar de discutir conmigo acerca de la evolución?


Most Sunday mornings I'm just hanging out with my atheist friends, chilling, chatting, and plotting the overthrow of all organized religion.

La mayoría de domingos por la mañana estoy saliendo con mis amigos ateos, relajandonos, charlando, y planeando el derrocamiento de toda religión organizada.


People generally seem pretty accepting, so long as I don't do anything crazy like run for any public office whatsoever.

La gente en general parece bastante tolerante, siempre y cuando no hago nada loco como plazo para cualquier cargo público alguno.


Don't be silly.  Of course I still believe in the Great Pumpkin.

No seas tonto. Por supuesto que todavía creen en la Gran Calabaza.

__________
Note:  As always, these 'translations' are basically just Google Translate output, so corrections are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment