Friday, February 18, 2011

You're eagerly describing your latest writing project!

But *everybody* loves stories about Kurdistani yak famers!

¡Pero *todo el mundo* ama a historias de los criadorses de yaces de Kurdistán!


This is like pitching, only with no hope of getting a job.

Esto es como charla para vender, sólo sin esperanza de conseguir un empleo.


Yes, I *know* television is death-spiralling into bankruptcy and cultural irrelevance -- but, hey, thanks for the reminder.

Sí, sé que la televisión está subiendo vertiginosamente en la quiebra y la irrelevancia cultural -- pero gracias por el recordatorio.


Maybe if I started being secretive about what I write, it would cut down on these polite blank stares I get.

Tal vez si comenzó a ser reservada acerca de lo que escribo, sería reducir estas miradas cortés en blanco que tenga.


No, I would only worry about people stealing my ideas if I had actual talent.

No, yo sólo me preocuparía por las personas que roban mis ideas si yo tenía talento real.


Lord knows, I can't convince you I'm cool by telling you how I spend the *other* twenty-three hours of my day.

Dios sabe que no puede convencer que soy impresionante por decirte cómo pasar los *otros* veintitrés horas de mi día.


And that's why they hire casts and crews to make movies, instead of hiring screenwriters to stand around and talk.

Y es por eso que contratan a modelos y las tripulaciones para hacer películas, en lugar de contratar a guionistas para quedarse parado y hablar.


So, uh, that's why I can't help you move this weekend.  Yup.  Writing, writing, writing.

Así que, eh, por eso no puede ayudar a avanzar este fin de semana.  Sí.  Escritura, escritura, escritura.

______________
Note:  As always, these 'translations' are basically just Google Translate output, so corrections are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment