Friday, December 10, 2010

You're working from home today!

Ah, hello, window-that-actually-opens.  Let's hang out together, you and I.

Ah, hola, la ventana que se abre.  Vamos a pasar el rato juntos, tú y yo.


The number of conversations about golf I have had today has dropped by 100%.  This is definitely a win.

El número de conversaciones sobre el golf que he tenido hoy ha disminuido en un 100%. Esta es definitivamente una victoria.


There is no software-design situation so dire it can't be ameliorated by the presence of a fluffy cat.

No hay ningún situación de diseño de software tan grave que no puede ser mejorado por la presencia de un gato esponjoso.


The house rule is "fix a bug, do a shot."

La regla de la casa es «corregir un error, beber un chupito».


Today's work commute got slowed down 20% by a small pile of laundry near the bedroom door.

Viaje de trabajo de hoy se disminuyó al 20% en un pequeño montón de ropa cerca de la puerta del dormitorio.


If I did this all the time, I might become introverted and eccentric, as opposed to the dapper and relatable man-about-town I am today.

Si yo hiciera eso todo el tiempo, puedo llegar a estar introvertido y excéntrico, a diferencia del hombre pulcro, relacionable, y urbano que estoy hoy.


I'm not sure which concerns me more:  that I forgot to tell anybody I'm working from home, or that nobody's noticed I'm gone.

No estoy seguro de que más preocupa de mí:  que me olvidé de decir a nadie que estoy trabajando desde casa, o que nadie cuenta de que yo me haya ido.


Today, I goofed off twice as much and also got twice as much work done.  How is this possible?

Hoy en día, ganduleaba dos veces más y también realiza el doble de trabajo.  ¿Cómo es esto posible?

______________
Note:  As always, these 'translations' are basically just Google Translator output, so corrections are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment